Start an online magazine or blog to build your brand. I can show you how!
Join JubileeMag.com publisher
for a live webinar
This is a course I wish I would have had when I launched my online mag in 2007. A course like this would have saved me months of research. Some of the information I teach in this course is from my experience over the years. The great thing for you is that it won’t take you years to learn it. You’ll learn it in TWO hours! I recently taught this course to the staff at Georgia State University. They loved it so much that they invited me back again! I hope you find it helpful as well.
When I first started, I didn’t have a background in journalism or media. I had to educate myself on how to start an online mag. The first major event I covered was the 2007 BET Hip Hop Awards. Since then I’ve interviewed the likes of Tyler Perry, Bishop T.D. Jakes, Kevin Hart, Steve Harvey, Meagan Good, DeVon Franklin, Jennifer Hudson, Anthony Anderson, Magic Johnson, La La and Carmelo Anthony, Jordin Sparks, Kevin Costner, Deitrick Haddon, Mary Mary, Tyrese, and the list goes on.
I’ve also covered private film screenings in conjunction with Sony Pictures, Universal Pictures, Warner Brother Pictures, Steve Harvey’s (Think Like A Man), Marvel Studios (Captain America: The Winter Soldier), Kevin Hart’s (Let Me Explain), and many others. In 2014 I was requested by WEtv to serve as the press junket moderator for the season 3 premiere ‘Mary Mary’.
I’ve also covered major events like the Soul Train Awards, Dove Awards, Stellar Awards, Trumpet Awards, Tyler Perry’s ‘Temptation’ red carpet starring Lance Gross and Kim Kardashian (which included an invite to Tyler Perry’s extravagant home) and so many other events with networks like UP Network, BET, WE TV, VH1 and TV-One. Click here to see a few of my best interviews while publishing JubileeMag.com.
I’ve done a lot, so I’m often asked by others to help them get started…which is why I created this course. Online mags/blogs cover various topics like food, music, health, fashion, faith, motherhood, cars, relationships, fitness, and even lawncare. Many use this platform to extend their brand that’s already established. All you have to do is pick a topic and get to publishing! I’ve complied everything you need to know to get started into this 2 hour audio course.
Here’s a great way to tell if this course is for you:
You don’t have to answer yes to them all but if you can answer yes to just one of those questions then you need to launch your own online magazine or blog!!!
What you will learn:
1. Why Start An Online Magazine/Blog?
2. How To Pick Your Magazine/Blog Name
3. How To Pick Your Niche
4. Identify Your Target Audience
5. How To Build Your Team Of Photographers, Videographers, Writers +More
6. Types Of Publishing For Online Magazines and Bloggers
7. How To Use Social Media To Build Your Brand & Increase Your Following
8. 50 Must-Have Plugins
9. How To Build An Email List That Increases Traffic
10. Understanding Your Analytics
11. Understanding SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
12. How To Write Post Titles That Increase Your Traffic
13. Top 6 Ways To Make Sure Your Post Gets Read
14. 8 Ways To Make Money From Your Online Magazine/Blog
15. 5 Tips For Having A Long-Lasting Online Mag/Blogging Career
ON THE SCENE
1. How To Connect With Major Companies, Brands, Events And Celebrities
2. 15 Guidelines To Keep In Mind When Taking Your Own Photos
3. How To Cover Events Like A Pro
FIRST YEAR TIPS:
1. How To Handle Criticism
2. Have The Discipline To Manage Yourself
3. It Is Humanly Impossible To Do Everything You’re “Supposed To Do”
4. Your Blog Is The Outfit You Put On Every Day
5. Handle Your Business
6. Turn Publisher/Blogger Envy Into Respect
7. Keep Educating Yourself About The Industry